Sunday, January 10, 2010

You're just jealous of my jet pack...

Found myself quite randomly at a mall yesterday. There was a Wet Seal AND a Charlotte Russe. Both have become far sluttier than I remember them being in high school. I once bought a tee shirt with a picture of Elmo on it at Wet Seal and yesterday they were selling a bra with gold colored rhinestones. Seriously.

Anyway, it's been awhile since I've had clothes that I REALLY like. I've been wearing "work clothes" for years now, add that to my somewhat non-existent clothing budget and my closet's pretty pathetic looking. When I turned 24 I started feeling like maybe I should start shopping in more "grown up" stores. I already look about 16 most of the time, the tee shirts with cartoon characters on them probably don't help much. And isn't it just a little bit sad to be in your mid twenties and still shopping in Delia's?

But yesterday I realized - I LIKE tee shirts with cartoon characters on them. I like fun designs and witty things written on my shirts (the key word being "witty", I'm rather discriminating, really). In fact, I really MISS tee shirts in general. Dressing like a grown up is incredibly boring.

And when you think about it, doesn't being a "grown up" mean I get to decide what that means in the first place? So from now on, I will do my best to remember that dressing like a grown up means dressing however I damn well please, thank you. And if that means getting carded more, so be it.

In related news, look what I just ordered!


You are so jealous.

No comments:

Post a Comment